Japan: Tokyo and Kyoto

Visiting Temples in Kyoto

When I think of my time in Japan I remember most the super speed bullet trains and cool ninja swords which I love. Most of the food was not tasty to me but I did like the rice and shaved ice. 

Three Words I Learned to say in Japanese:

1.     Hello is konnichiwa.

2.     Thank you is Arigato. If you say Domo Arigato it means thank you a lot.

3.     Good bye is Sayonara although it does have a level of finality to it. Jaa ne means see you and is used more with casual friends.  Mata Ashita means see you tomorrow.

Meiji Shrine in Tokyo

What kids will like about Tokyo:


1.     The Imperial palace and Gardens are nice to explore in the city.


2.     The bullet trains! They go super fast and I think they are really cool.


3.     Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park had a lot of open space for Julia and I explore.


5.     Shibuya Crossing was very, very busy.


6.     The vending machines with fun flavors of drinks were everywhere. 



Iwatayama Monkey Park Kyoto


What kids will like about Kyoto:


1.     Monkey Park Iwatayama and the slide a the top which was super long was fun. We went down it a million times I think.


2.     Seeing or meeting a Geisha would be fun. Geisha are entertainers that appear at events to add a special touch. Kyoto is the heart of the geisha world.


3.     Anything to do with Sumo wrestlers or ninjas or kimonos is the best. There are many places you can rent a kimono for the day to wear too.


4.     Shaved ice (called Kakigori) and soft cream are delicious. I liked to top my Kakigori with condensed milk and strawberry.


5.     Staying in a traditional home for one night was interesting. I told my parents I liked hotels better though.


6.     Eating tempura and sitting crossed legged on the floor next to a table is fun for everyone to try.

7.  There is a lot of shopping with fun toys and interesting things to buy.



8.     Visiting the Railway Museum was one of my favorite activities. This was super fun and I told my parents it was the best museum ever!


Shrine Kyoto Kiyomizu-Dera
Interesting Facts about Japan:

1.     Japanese is spoken by more than 130 million people.
2.   The Japanese name for Japan is "Nihon" or "Nippon" which means "sun origin"
3.   Tokyo is the capital city of Japan and also the largest city
4.   Sumo is recognized as the national sport of Japan, although the most popular spectator sport is baseball.
5.   Ancient warriors of Japan were known as Samurai. They were very skilled fighters and swordsmen. Their main weapon was the Katana, a sharp sword with a slight curve to it.

Genki De Japan! (All the Best)




Comments

Popular Posts